Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sidelined

I recently looked back through my blog for about fifteen minutes, in search of a post that I'd written that I wanted to send to someone who'd requested it.  I usually can't remember what I posted just two days before, much less a year or two or four ago.  While on the hunt through my blog, I read several other posts that I'd written a year or two back and I was struck at times by how much I liked what I was reading!

Huh, I thought on several occasions...that's not bad writing/that's a good thought, etc.

Lately much of what I write is drivel - stuff that's important in my or our family's life, perhaps, but certainly not as insightful as I'd like for it to be.  So often I think something like oh, I must write that - that's what I want to be writing about or something like that; and then I fail to find the time to write it down, or I can't get it down in a way that sounds right to me, or I start it well but it dries up half way through, and I eventually give up on it...and continue to write the drivel instead.

It seems rather synonymous with life, to be honest.  There's so much I'd like to be doing, so many things of worth to pursue, so much that gets half done; and then I get caught up in the chaos of the every day and the never-ending to do list, and I feel rather let down by the whole experience and by my own seeming inability to remain affixed to my priorities and goals.

The endless hamster wheel.  Don't you sometimes feel like you're perpetually on it?  Or maybe it's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment