Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Belated Pictures: Halloween

I know we're approaching Christmas, but I've been posting pictures the past couple of days because I finally (after weeks of searching) found the cable that connects my camera to my computer.  I'm not sure how it ended up between my mattress and box spring (little hands??) but I'm sure glad that I decided to change our sheets!  Note:  Yes, it's been a few weeks since I changed our sheets...up until 2.5 years ago, I put clean sheets on the beds every single week.  Now I'm lucky to get the job done every 3-4 weeks...can you guess what changed 2.5 years ago?

Anyway, before I file our halloween pictures into the appropriate time slot, I wondered if anyone might like to catch a glimpse of how we spent Halloween this year...if not, skip this post and wait for the next one!

(below)
Halloween prep

(below)
I found a book at the dollar store with pumpkin carving tracing sheets...so the kids each got to trace their chosen picture onto the pumpkin and carve it out.  Matthew chose to carve a witch (not my favourite choice, but I pick battles); Seth a vampire; and Lizzie a cat.


(below)
Decorating pumpkin sugar cookies



(below)
Visiting Grandpa and Grandma in their costumes

(below)
The kids in their costumes:  Matthew was a mad scientist; Seth was a power ranger (I think that's what he called himself); and Lizzie was a pirate girl.










(below)
Trick-or-treating...with one of Matthew's dearest friends

(below)
An obscene amount of candy was collected in less than an hour!

Anyway, that was it for another halloween...our third together as a completed family!

No comments:

Post a Comment